Membership for the Council for Gender Equity on the Faculty
The goal of membership within this committee is to have equitable representation from faculty across campus. To this end, openings will be broadly advertised and self-nominations, as well as nominations from colleges and current committee members, will be welcomed.
Preliminary selection of regular members will be conducted by committee members with final approval and appointment by the University President. Members are invited to serve by the University President.
The Committee shall consist of 12-14 members, including one representative from each academic college and the Libraries, one representative from Equal Opportunity and up to four at-large seats. Two co-chairs will be selected from among them membership. The at-large seats are aimed to ensure:
- gender diversity on the committee, with at least at least two committee members who are men.
- at least two committee members are non-tenure track faculty members.
- at least two committee members are representative of senior faculty.
- at least two committee members are representative of junior faculty.
Membership applicants must provide a complete application and have (1) faculty status and (2) knowledge and experience of gender equity issues on the faculty.
All members shall serve staggered three-year terms and are eligible twice for reappointment. Renewal applications will be reviewed by the committee. If interested in more than two terms, the member will need to reapply as a new applicant.
- All members have voting rights
- All issues voted on shall be decided by a simple majority of those present at the meeting in which the vote takes place.
- Electronic voting is acceptable when needed.
Eligibility: Chair applicants must (1) provide a completed application, (2) have tenure, and (3) have served a minimum of two years as a committee member.
Terms: Chairs shall serve a three-year term and is eligible for reappointment once.
Chair Selection: Preliminary selection of Co-Chairs will be conducted by the regular members of the committee and a list of candidates (two per position) will be forwarded to the University President for final selection and appointment.
The committee holds meetings every other week for 1.5 hours.
Special meetings of the committee may be called by a co-chair or another committee member.
Working groups will be created as needed.
Chairs of working groups are selected by committee members.
Minutes of meetings will be taken and posted on website.
- Focus on balanced leadership
- Identify areas of concern regarding gender equity, campus climate and other issues
- Engage in research, collect data, and obtain an understanding of the issues facing women faculty
- Advocate on behalf of women faculty on the campus
- Make specific recommendations to the administration
- Review policies and procedures related to women faculty
- Collaborate with other entities interested in women and gender issues
The committee is currently in the process of researching, writing, reviewing information and making recommendations on the following issues:
- CSU Campus Climate Research
- Grant writing related to faculty women concerns
The council has no openings currently.