Vice President for Diversity Executive Search
A series of virtual open forums have been scheduled to gather input and feedback from the Colorado State University community on the search and job description for the next Vice President for Diversity.
In addition to forums with designated groups, two open sessions are being held for any CSU student, faculty or staff member to attend:
Thursday, Jan. 21, 4-5 p.m.
Register for Jan-21 open session.
Friday, Jan. 22, noon-1 p.m.
Register for Jan-22 open session.
|Dec. 2020||Jan. 2021||Feb. 2021||Mar. 2021||Apr. 2021||May 2021|
Posted and Recruitment
with broad university participation
The President’s Office has identified the national search firm WittKieffer to assist with the Vice President for Diversity search process. President McConnell hopes to have a new vice president for diversity, equity and inclusion identified by the end of the Spring 2021 semester.
The campus search committee, chaired by Dean of Libraries Karen Estlund, began meeting in December. Members of the search committee include:
- Vincent Basile, assistant professor, School of Education; faculty affiliate, Ethnic Studies; RISE Center Co-Director
- Kathleen Fairfax, vice provost for International Affairs
- Todd Gaines, associate professor of Agricultural Biology
- Mica Glantz, interim chair, Department of Ethnic Studies; chair, Department of Anthropology and Geography; member, Presidential Task Force for Jewish Inclusion and the Prevention of Antisemitism
- Blanche Hughes, vice president for Student Affairs
- Jan Iron, data and information technologist, Agricultural Experiment Station; member, President’s Native American Advisory Council
- Fleurette King, equity educator, Office of the Vice Provost for Undergraduate Affairs & The Institute for Learning and Teaching
- Kim Mbadinga-Nzamba, assistant director of diversity and inclusion, CSU Athletics; secretary, Multicultural Staff and Faculty Network
- Becca McCarty (EO Coordinator), coordinator for compliance and operations, Office of Equal Opportunity
- Blake Naughton, vice president for Engagement and Extension
- Diana Prieto (EO Coordinator), vice president, Office of Equal Opportunity
- Sandy Quackenbush, associate dean for academic and student affairs, College of Veterinary Medicine and Behavioral and Medical Sciences
- Terry Schlicting, health professions advisor, Collaborative for Student Achievement
- Ria Vigil, assistant vice president, Office of the Vice President for Diversity
This list of activities is intended to promote transparency; it is not intended to be comprehensive.
|Develop position description and leadership profile||Meet with stakeholder groups to inform position description||Search Committee Charged 12/16|
|Recruit||Expand list of communication venues for search progress||President McConnell and Dean Estlund meet with VPD staff|
|Candidate screening||Draft organization profile||Dean Estlund meets with Employment Council chairs|
|Interviews (plan and conduct)||Search firm hired for national search: WittKieffer|
|Draft list of stakeholder groups.|